The 360 degrees appreciation is a retrospective activity to foster open appreciation feedback within a team. It is especially useful to increase team moral and improve people relationship.
Running the activity:
- Give paper and pen to each participant
- Ask everyone to write down what he/she appreciates for each other participant (timing recommended: 2 minutes per participant)
- Ask the group to form a circle
- Ask one participant to sit in the center of this circle
- Everyone in the circle should read the appreciation feedback to the participant in the center (complete the 360 degrees)
- Change the participant in the center until everyone has received feedback
Typically the 360 degrees appreciation activity motivates constant feedback, strengthens relationship and trust. Often the responses and results are quite enthusiastic, and the team moral gets a boost. This activity is based on the 360 degree feedback.