FLAP activity a great project/phase postmortem activity. You should run it as close to the end of a project/phase as possible–don’t wait or everyone will forget what happened.
Running the activity:
1. Prepare and explain the FLAP canvas quadrands
- Future Considerations: Please write down all future considerations with respect to the project/phase.
- Lessons Learned: Please write down the key lessons and takeaways from the project/phase.
- Accomplishments: Please write down the key accomplishments for the project/phase.
- Problem Areas: Please write down the problem areas experienced throughout the specified project/phase.
2.Ask the participants for their notes.
Consider color coding the notes. For example, you can use 4 different colors for each of the areas:
- Process and practices
- Technology and tools
- Scope and schedule
- People and staffing
3.Group conversation and sharing the results
Below is a sample canvas after running this activity.
|sample FLAP activity canvas|