Geographic Location is a good ice-breaker and also helps team members to learn a little bit about each other.
Running the Activity
1. Explain to the participants that each one will be a geographic location (for example: their
country, city or neighborhood).
2. Every participant should write their name and the location on a post it, and hold on their hands—the name-location tag.
3. Set which way is the north and south in the room.
4. Ask each participant to move where he thinks he belongs to make a map as close to scale as possible.
5. After everyone moves to their spot, ask one volunteer to draw a map representing the room.
6. Ask everyone to place their name-location tag on the map.
Please find below two photos form thei activity (steps 4 and 6)
Typically the participants will learn something new form each other, and this will sparkle short conversations’ about their places and life.