This activity helps with team formation. It is specially useful for –collectively—deciding and writing down the team ground rules.
Discussing ground rules after problems arise is much more difficult. Ground rules should focus on these elements:
- Process – How the activities will be carried out.
- Norms – Ways in which team members will interact with each other.
Running the activity:
1. Create the empty canvas with the ground rules elements (in my case: Ground rules / Process and Ground rules / Norms).
2. Ask participants to write down the rules they are really strong about (e.g. Norn – everyone should keep skype open while on the office)
3. Group conversation and decision about each rule.
Please find below a sample result of this activity. I have used this activity with these two ground rules elements: process and norms. Please let me know if you use it with other elements.