This activity target process improvement by analyzing a work item execution path (its story).
I have used this activity for analyzing User Stories’ execution path. Please replace the word Story for whatever work item you are working with (e.g. feature request, bug ticket, order item).
Running the activity
The following drawing represents the story of a Story.
- Select a sample User Story (or a work item), describe it and write it down on the top left corner of the canvas.
- Write down the major events on its execution path (from inception to completion)
- Write down the good things to repeat
- Write down the things to avoid, to be cautious about, or to consider changing
- Group conversation and action items
Below is sample outcome from running this activity. Please note that a different color was used for taking notes on each step.