Timeline is a great activity to get the team retrospecting on events on a timeframe.
This timeline activity is driven by data
Running the activity
- Start by creating a timeline on the bottom of the canvas.
- Decide upon a few remarkable events to be added on the timeline (example: Sprint start date, or a new person joining the team)
- Create 4 horizontal areas on the board (people, process, tools/technology, and other)
- Collecting data: ask the participants to use two colors of post-it (on the example below: well on green /not so well on gray)
- Action items: use another post-it color for action items (yellow on the example below).
Below is a canvas example after running this activity