The WWW is a great data gathering activity for retrospectives. The 3 Ws stand for: Worked well, kinda Worked, didn’t Work.
Running the activity:
- Split the canvas into 3 areas:
- Worked well – things that worked really well
- kinda Worked – things that kinda worked, but you rather tweak it a little bit
- didn’t Work – things that did not work
- Ask the participants for their notes.
- Affinity grouping and group conversation
Below is a photo from a retrospective canvas with this activity.
I have learned this activity from my friend and co-worker Rafael Ferreira, on a project postmortem retrospective.