The 360 Degrees Appreciation is a team-building activity to foster open appreciation feedback within a team. It is especially useful to increase team morale and improve personal relationships.
Running the activity:
- Give paper and pen to each participant.
- Ask everyone to write down what they appreciate on all the other participants (recommended time: two minutes per participant).
- Ask the group to form a circle.
- Ask one participant to sit in the center of this circle.
- Everyone in the circle should read the appreciation feedback to the participant in the center (complete the 360 degrees).
- Change the participant in the center until everyone has received feedback.
Typically, the 360 Degrees Appreciation activity inspires constant feedback, strengthening relationships and trust. Often, the responses and results are quite enthusiastic and the team moral gets a boost. This activity is based on the 360 degree feedback practice.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Share a remote board with the participants, then ask everyone to enter their name. Organize the names in a sequence and follow it for the activity, each time with a different participant receiving the feedback.