Candy love is a great team building activity that gets the participants talking about their life beyond the work activities
Running he activity:
1. Place a package of M&Ms, Skittles or another colorful candy in a jar
2. Ask a participant to pick a candy from the jar, and then share something about him/herself according to the candy color:
- Red – One thing that you love about your job. Now this is interesting because some people are not happy about their jobs. So this candy will let them see the positive side about their work.
- Yellow – A life goal you are working on. This gives everyone positive vibes and inspiration.
- Green – Your favorite book or movie. Everyone has hobbies and past-time recreations so it’s definitely a great candy to divert their attention to the things they love to do.
- Purple – Favorite way to revive yourself during the workday. This kind of de-stresses their minds thinking about spa, movie, bonding with the family, etc.
- Blue – One stressful thing about your job you wish you could improve. This one is actually motivating since it will convert every negative things about their job into something positive.
- Orange – Your favorite food. Everyone loves food. It’s a topic that really picks up everyone’s interest.
3. Pass the jar to the next participant and go back to step 2
4. Stop when the candies or the time is over
I have learned this very effective team building activity from Verônica Rodrigues Moschetta, whom I have seen applying it and referring to the original source (http://www.ice-breaker-