Candy Love is a great team-building activity that gets participants talking about their life beyond the work activities.
Running the activity:
- Place a package of M&M’s, Skittles or another colorful candy in a jar.
- Ask a participant to pick up a candy from the jar, and then share something personal according to the candy color:
* Red: One thing that you love about your job. This candy will inspire people to see the positive side about their work.
* Yellow: A life goal you are working on. This gives everyone positive vibes and inspiration.
* Green: Your favorite book or movie. Everyone has hobbies and past-time recreations so it is definitely a great candy to divert their attention to the things they love to do.
* Purple: Favorite way to revive yourself during the workday. This kind of de-stresses their minds thinking about spa, movie, bonding with the family, etc.
* Blue: One stressful thing about your job you wish you could improve. This one is actually motivating, since it will convert every negative thing about their job into something positive.
* Orange: Your favorite food. Everyone loves food. It is a topic that really picks up everyone’s interest.
- Pass the jar to the next participant and go back to step 2.
- Stop when the candies or the time is over.
This activity is especially useful for the early stages of a team formation, as it helps people open up and talk about hobbies, food, and other very important aspects of their life.