Collaborative Face Drawing is a fun interactive activity that helps with name memorization.
Running the activity:
- Give each participant one index card and a pen.
- Instruct participants to write their name on the bottom of the paper.
- Ask everyone to walk randomly through the room until you say the word “stop.”
- Each person should pair up with someone nearby.
- Instruct the pair to exchange papers.
- Everyone should draw the other person’s eyes.
- Instruct the pairs to exchange papers again (now each person should have the paper with their name again).
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 for all face parts (eyes, nose, ears, chin, hair, facial hair, and accessories).
In the image are two moments from this activity. The first one shows step 3 in which everyone is walking randomly waiting for the stop command. The second image shows the final result: a collaborative face drawing.
This activity works well with different team sizes, it fosters quick one on one interactions between multiple people and the final artifacts are a fun memory from the meeting. You can display the drawings at the team area, for instance, or snap a photo for the future.