The collaborative face drawing is a fun interactive activity that helps with name memorization.
Running the activity:
- Give each participant a A4 paper and a pen.
- Instruct the participants to write their name on the bottom of the paper
- Ask everyone to walk randomly on the room until you say the word stop.
- Each person should pair up with someone near by
- Instruct the pair to exchange the papers
- Everyone should draw the other person eyes
- Instruct the pairs to exchange the papers again (now each person should have the paper with their name again)
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 for all face parts (eyes, noise, ears, chin, hair, facial hair and accessories)
Below are two photos from this activity. The first one shows step 3 where everyone is walking randomly waiting for the stop command. The second photo should the final result: a collaborative face drawing.
I have learned this activity from Fernando Carlini Guimarães CEO and visual designer for www.viamosaico.com.br/