FLAT is a great activity for a closure of a program of work. You should run it to bring attention to self-reflection and to encourage the participants to thank each other..
Running the activity:
- Prepare and explain the FLAT canvas quadrants:
* Future directions:Please write down your future directions.
* Lessons learned: Please write down your key lessons and takeaways.
* Accomplishments: Please write down your key accomplishments.
* Thank you: Please write down your Thank You notes.
- Ask participants for their notes.
- Let the group and share the results.
This activity acknowledge the end of a period while bringing a self-reflection perspective. It gets each participant reflecting about what happened – their accomplishments and lessons learned — and how those lessons can be applied in their future. It also provides a space for them to thank each other.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Use a remote board of your choice.