Future Facebook Posts is an activity that gets the team thinking about possible future events with a positive mindset, as typically people share good things in social media.
Running the activity:
- Start by introducing the activity:
“Please, assume everyone on the team would be posting on Facebook and imagine you will travel in time and be able to look at our team timeline (with all posts).”
- Ask participants to write down future Facebook posts (individually):
“Please, write down (individually) your Facebook posts in the future. These posts should have a short text and a date in the future (e.g., the release date).”
- Place the posts visible on a timeline.
- Ask participants to add up to five “likes” to all the posts.
- Discuss with the group and create action items.
Similar options are Future Twitter Posts, focusing on short sentences; or Future Instagram Posts, where participants have to share drawings with text, which gets even more engaging and fun. A good add-on is to add more reactions (hearts, laugh, smiling face…), to make the team’s feelings towards those future events surface.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Use a remote board of your choice.