KALM is a retrospective activity that fosters the conversation about current activities and their perceived value. It helps team members understand each other’s perceived value off such practices.
Running the activity:
- Split the canvas into four areas:
* Keep – something the team is doing well and whose value you recognize the value
* Less – something already being done, but of which you rather do less.
* More – something already being done which believe will bring more value if done even more.
* Add – a new idea or something you have seen working before that you would like to bring to the table.
- Ask participants for their notes.
- Group the notes by affinity and discuss.
This is a common retrospective activity for data gathering. It is an alternative to keep the team engaged while slightly changing the format.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Use a remote board of your choice.