Shock wave is a fun and quick energiser for a large group of people that can form a circle and give hands to each other.
Running the activity:
- Ask the group to form a circle (only the facilitator stays outside)
- Instruct people to hold the hands to each person on each side.
- Explain how the shock wave starts and moves until someone make the CABUM shock sound.
- Ask everyone to close their eyes and go!
Explanation on the shock wave:
- The facilitator will quietly touch on one person at the shoulder, to start the shock wave.
- The person who feels the charger touch on his/her back has to move both arms, starting two shock waves simultaneously, one to the right and another one to the left.
- Whenever a person receives a wave movement in one arm, the person has to replicate it on the other arm (like a wave).
- Whoever feels the wave movement on both arms at the same time has to do a shock sound, such as ZZZZZZZ, or CABUM.
- Then, everyone can open the eyes
Shock wave is a quick, simple and fun activity, especially if there are a large number of people. If there are too many people, consider having more than one circle.