Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, New Ideas and Acknowledgement is great for bringing up new ideas and for acknowledging people and their efforts.
Running the activity:
- Split your canvas into four areas.
- Explain each of the areas:
* Thumbs up: things you like.
* Thumbs down: things you dislike.
* New ideas: new things to try.
* Acknowledgement: appreciations/thank-yous.
- Ask participants to share their notes.
This activity was loosely based on the Learning Matrix. This is a common retrospective activity for data gathering. It is an alternative to keep the team engaged while slightly changing the format.
One unique thing about it is the “acknowledgement” section: it is important for people to feel appreciated.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Use a remote board of your choice.