Timeline Driven by Data is a great activity to get the team recollecting on events in a timeframe, with emphasis on different categories.
Running the activity:
- Start by creating a timeline at the bottom of the canvas.
- Decide upon a few remarkable events to be added to the timeline (e.g.: project start date or a new person joining the team).
- Create a few horizontal areas on the board, one for each category you want the team to focus on. For example, marketing, sales, support, engineering.
- Ask participants to share their notes.
- Discuss the notes and collect action items.
This activity helps the team think about different data points. By building a timeline, the team gets new insights based on actual data and how it affected the outcome.
Remote-team advice: This activity works well for remote teams. Use a remote board of your choice.