Your North is an amazing energizer to get some good laughs and to instigate a conversation about the group re-alignment.
Running the activity:
- Ask everyone to stand up (leaving space between people; at least two arms length)
- Show people where is the North (point it out)
- Instruct people to cover their eyes with the left hand
- Ask people to slowly spin
around (5 times)
- Ask everyone to straighten their right arm and point towards North, without uncovering their eyes.
- Instruct everyone to uncover their eyes and compare their North with everyone else’s North (typically, people will be pointing in different directions).
I learned this activity from José Cipriano. I find this activity very useful to energize and prepare the participants to some activity or conversation about direction and alignment.