Complex Pieces is a great energizer to get people moving around while fostering a conversation about complex systems and interconnected pieces.
Running the activity:
- Everybody stands up and walks around.
- Each person thinks about two other people.
- Without saying names, each person should stay equally distant from the two people they thought about. This should take one minute as people move around.
- After people stop moving, ask the taller person in the group to move to a corner of the room.
- Ask everyone to find their equal distances again.
This activity gets everyone energized while giving an opportunity to have a quick conversation about complex systems, changes and interconnected requirements. It works better for a group of ten to thirty people.