This is a simple and fast activity to measure how participants feel about a session as they leave the room.
Running the activity
- Prepare a plate with cards of three colors: green, yellow and red
- Place a feedback box by the door.
- Ask each participant to pick a card and drop on the feedback box, as they leave the session, according to the color code:
- Green – the session was great!
- Yellow – the session was ok.
- Red – the session was poor.
I have learned this activity on the QCon conferences. It is an effective and fast way to collect feedback from a large group of participants.
Below is a photo from a tablet implementation of such activity. I found this photo on the InfoQ article: Key Takeaway Points and Lessons Learned from QCon San Francisco 2012, on the opinions section: ” Jeff Gothelf
@jboogie :This is how feedback is collected at #qconsf after each talk. Everyone taps on their way out. Super cool. pic.twitter.com/T0gJ4Khk “.