“Spot the Movies” is a fun and straightforward energizer that tests people’s attention to detail and sparks conversations among movie enthusiasts.
Step by Step:
- Display the selected image and instruct participants to write down how many movies they can spot within one minute.
- Keep track of the time (one minute is recommended).
- Invite someone to share the movies they found in the image.
- Call upon another participant to share if they have identified additional movies.
- Continue calling on participants until no one else has discovered any more movies.
- Consider sharing the URL with the answers to the selected image for reference.
The ‘Spot the Movies’ activity leads to wonderful reminiscences of movies, good laughter, and serves as a quick icebreaker. I have learned this activity from my colleague Yohan Paez Maldonado.
Remote team advice: This is a great energizer to run remotely. There are two ways to facilitate it in a remote team setting. (1) Video Conferencing Option: Share the chosen image and ask participants to write their captions on the chat, and (2) Online Board: Share the image on the online board and ask participants to write their answers using virtual post-it notes.
Please find below a few sites with great images for this energizer.