My first job is a great energizer that gets everyone more familiar with each other, and usually foster some interesting conversations.
Running the activity:
- Give one post-it and a sharpie to each participant
- Ask each participant to write their first job (please ask then to use uppercase and good handwriting to keep it anonymous).
- Collect the notes using a hat (or a bag).
- Shake it and leave the hat on the center of the room.
- Ask one participant walk to the hat, collect a note, read the content out loudly and try guessing whose first job it is.
This is a great icebreaker because people share some interesting facts about themselves. This typically foster a great team building environment once people hear about each other interesting past experiences.
Remote-team advice: Open the FunRetrospectives remote board (button below) and follow similar steps (no need for a hat). Someone reads a note and guess who it is from. Then another note and another person until everyone has participated.