The ball asks is a great energizer activity for people to get to know more about each other.
Running the activity:
- Start by holding a ball and explain the game
- Throw the ball to a person and ask a question (to be answered by whoever took it)
- Repeat a few times (the person who answered throws the ball to someone else)
Below are a few questions to be used:
- What’s your favorite movie?
- If you could have any superhero power, what would it be?
- How many languages can you speak?
- What makes you super angry?
- What makes you smile?
- What’s your hobby?
- How big is your family?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite type of pasta?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Where did you grow up?
- Do you prefer the mountain or the beach?
- When you were a young chld, what did you use to say you be as grown up?
- Have you ever had a nickname?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- Do you prefer summer or winter?
- What is your favorite summer vacation?
- What is your favorite winter vacation?
- What is your favorite sport to watch?
- What is your favorite sport to play?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- How often do you eat chocolate?
Remote-team advice: Use the videoconferencing tool of your choice. Use an imaginary ball and say the name of the person you are throwing the ball at. Ask a question. The person who answers, then throws the imaginary ball and make a question to another person. The roulette asks is a very similar activity, more suitable for remote teams.